Welcome to The Alchemy Empires skincare blog. As a cosmetic chemist, I strongly believe the best way to find the right products for your skin type is to learn all about your skin, the damages that can be caused and the functions of each ingredient within a product.
As we start our journey into blogging, we want to give you a little information not only on what we will be blogging about, but exactly why it is so important for you to have a skincare routine.
Why exactly is it so important to have a skincare routine?
Our skin is the largest living organ of our body. Without a proper skincare routine you leave your skin fragile and weak. The more you neglect your skin, the faster your skin will age.
Need more convincing? Let us give you some more reasons as to why a skincare routine is so important.
First, our skin sheds daily, so if you think your skin is healthy one day, rest assured your healthy skin will shed leaving you with dull skin which is open to all nasty, bad bacteria. Our skin sheds almost every minute of the day, so it's always best to keep your skin routine to Morning and Night. By using a really good mask once a week, you can help your skin remove any impurities and excess dead skin that may have built up.
Did you know that there are many different skin types? If you have a friend who has great skin, then they are most likely using a great routine that works for them. If you feel your skin is oily, or too dry, or even have a breakout, then a skincare routine is definitely needed to help restore moisture and help visibly reduce your breakouts. Having a really good skincare routine and keeping to it daily, will help your skin to age better, leaving your skin glowing for years to come. If you want gorgeous skin 20 years down the track then you need to start a skincare routine and making that decision today, will get you on the path to youthful skin in future. Nothing comes to us easy, we have to work for it to accomplish our goals and having a skincare routine will help you accomplish gorgeous skin as you age. Taking the time to keep up with a skincare routine daily, takes less time then having to see a dermatologist to address any kind of skin issues as a result of negligence down the track.
Did you know that having clean, glowing skin can have an affect your emotional and mental health too, beauty is not just skin deep. Instead of trying to cover your problematic skin with cosmetic make up like foundation, which will most likely cause more of an issue to your skin, Its best to get yourself into the habit of a daily routine on skincare to help reduce these skin issues, to help maintain healthy skin.
As you can see there are many reasons to why a skincare routine is so important to have. Above are just a handful of reasons, there are in fact many more reasons, but we will not drag it on.
Do you know exactly how to determine your skin type and what you need? No? That is fine, below is how you can determine your skin type so you can find which products best suit you.
Dry- If your face is feeling tight and your pores are not noticeable to the eye.
Normal- If your pores are barely visible and it feels smooth and it is neither dry or oily.
Oily- If your pores are visible and your face feels really oily.
Combination- If your skin feels smooth but has oiliness in the T-zone.
Need a little help in knowing the steps that need to be taken in a skincare routine? We can definitely help you there, and The Alchemy Empire has a great products range for dry skin to help get you on your feet and are constantly formulating new products for problematic skin also.
1. Cleanse: Cleansing your face helps to prep your skin and pores by removing all dirt, grime and makeup from the skin. You can use our Purifying Milk Cleanser for this step.
2. Exfoliate: Applying a face mask is perfect for this step as it helps to remove all the dead skin cells that are on the surface of your skin, or an exfoliating cleanser can work wonders.
3. Tone or Refresh: Balancing your skin after a good cleanse and exfoliate, is important to help protect the skin against bad bacteria while removing any excess dirty that your cleanser may have missed. Our Restoring Milk Toner is perfect as it is formulated without using alcohol, which can be very drying to the skin.
4. Serum: Using a really good serum is a crucial step in any routine to help restore and boost hydration due to its high water and humectant inputs. We have the perfect serum to help you start. Hyaluronic + Vitamin B5 Serum
5. Moisturise: Moisturising is needed to help build emollience while moisturising and softening the skin. Our Age Rewind Cream is the perfect product for a number of reasons, one being that its active ingredient Antarcticine® which has been clinically proven to increase hydration by 14.8% in 30 days.
6. Facial Oil: Including a facial oil for dry, dehydrated skin is another important step needed for a beneficial routine as it helps to form a film on the skin protecting it for transepidermal water loss.
7. Sunscreen: Whether your skin is oily, dry or combination, applying sunscreen throughout your day is one of the most crucial steps as 80% of skin damage is caused by UVA rays.
Taking 30 minutes out of your morning and out of your night to apply a proper skincare routine will benefit your skin in the future.
We hope you have found our information very helpful, and that you now understand the importance of having a daily skincare routine. Now that we have the importance of a skincare routine down pat, We can start helping you build your knowledge about your skin, how to look after it as well as introduce you to our products, their ingredients and their benefits for your skin.
The Alchemy Empire